DANA LARSEN is the author of Green Buds and Hash, The Pie-Eyed Piper, Hairy Pothead & the Marijuana Stone, and Cannabis in Canada: The Illustrated History.
Dana is also one of Canada’s most well-known and respected advocates for cannabis reform and an end to the global war on drugs. He often appears in local and national media to discuss issues around cannabis and prohibition.
Visit DanaLarsen.com to find out more!
Dana is the founder, co-founder or founding member of all the following organizations.
- SFU League for Ethical Action on Drugs (1989-1993)
- The Hype, Journal of the Gentleman Junkie (1990-1994)
- Cannabis Canada Magazine (1994-1997)
- Cannabis Culture Magazine (1997-2004)
- The Canadian Marijuana Party (2000-2003)
- The BC Marijuana Party (2001-2003)
- End Prohibition: NDP Against the Drug War (2004-present)
- The Vancouver Seed Bank (2005-2008)
- The Vancouver Dispensary Society (2008-present)
- The Canadian Association of Medical Cannabis Dispensaries (2010-present)
- Candidate for federal NDP in West Vancouver - Sunshine Coast (2008)
- Candidate for leadership of BC NDP (2011)
- Sensible BC: Your Voice for Marijuana Reform (2012-present)
- MJ Creams (2015-present)
- Pothead Books (2016-present)
- Overgrow Canada seed giveaway campaign (2016-present)